Geno’s POV
I couldn’t help but smile as she walked down the stairs of the home. She looked amazing as usual. Even when I saw her in the gym, all sweaty from practicing, she was still beautiful. I was still gloating a little from finally getting her to give in, which she caught on to. So in return she didn’t say anything during the short ride to the arena. I saw the glances from my teammates as she followed me into the locker room. She was in search for Mario because she wasn’t certain as to what she was supposed to be doing yet. After looking and unsuccessfully finding him in the locker room, she moved on to looking for him in his office, so I was left alone. I continued on my way to get my skates, when I was approached by Marc.
“What’s the deal,” he simply stated, while taking his suit jacket off.
“I’m not sure I know what you are referring to,” I answered defiantly.
“Right…” Max said while joining us. When I gave him a blank stare he pressed on, “What’s up with you and Ty?”
I flashed them a small content smile, and replied “Nothing. I gave her a ride to the arena, what’s so significant about that.”
They both looked at each other, but I didn’t give them time to make anymore comments. I was already headed out to the ice. It had been a week and a half since I was allowed to skate, and I prayed that I could convince the trainers to let me play in the next game. I didn’t know how much longer I could take not being able to play.
As I made my way onto the ice, I relished at the feeling of skating again. I must have gotten caught up in the moment, because I didn’t realize that I was being watched. As I made my way back over toward the bench, I saw her leaning against the boards.
“Looks like somebody is about ready to play again,” she commented.
“Hopefully, I don’t know how much more sitting out I can stand.” And then I got a brilliant idea. “Do you want to join me? I’m sure we could round you up some skates somewhere.”
She looked absolutely adorable as a look of sheer panic crossed her face. “Oh no, I’m fine where I’m at,” she stuttered.
“You don’t know how to skate, do you…?” I joked.
She stared me down, as I saw her stubbornness kick in. “I can manage to skate when it’s needed.”
And with that, she gave me one final glance and disappeared down the hallway. I skated a couple more laps, and then headed off in the direction I saw her leave.
Ty’s POV
As I made my way into the training room, I noticed quite a line of guys waiting to get ankles taped before the game. When Kyle, the head of the training department saw me enter the room, I could have sworn I saw him sigh in relief. “Do you know how to tape ankles by chance?” he asked hopefully. I nodded my head, and within seconds he threw a role of pre-wrap and athletic tape in my direction. “Get after it then,” he stated with a small smile.
I moved over to the table that was obviously designated to be mine, and Sid instantly hopped up on it. He kept staring at me like he had a question to ask, so I figured I would open up the opportunity for him to ask it.
“Do you need to ask me something? Or do you always stare at people like that,” I joked while starting to wrap his first ankle.
“Haha umm yeah, I do have a question. Are you seeing anyone?” he asked bluntly.
“No,” I replied with the same bluntness.
A small smile crept on his face. “Good.”
“Can I ask why you would like to know?” I questioned.
“I’m not sure, can you?” he answered with that devilish grin of his.
“Stop being a smartass and answer the question,” I said while taking a jab at his shoulder.
“Oww!” he cried. “Easy there, you can’t injure me, I have a game to play!”
“Don’t cross onto my bad side and we won’t have any issues,” I said with a small smile. “Please just answer the question.”
“No reason,” he stated simply.
I continued to stare at him while I tried to figure out what just exactly he was up to.
As if he could pick up on my annoyance, he pressed on. “You should come out with us tonight after the game.”
“I’m busy,” I said, finishing up on his second ankle, and lowering his leg, trying to give him the hint that I was dismissing him, and he should leave.
“You really can’t be too busy to—“
“I might be. You don’t know my agenda,” I snapped, while turning around and trying to make it appear that I was busy.
“Alright, calm down,” he said with a small laugh. “I just know some certain people that would be very appreciative if you took the time to hang out with us tonight.”
I turned around and gave him a questioning glance, and with that he laughed and jumped down off the table and left the room.
Geno’s POV
After I had finished my skating, I headed off toward the locker room. As I entered, I could hear her laugh from the trainer’s room. I looked through the door and saw her taping Sid’s ankles. I couldn’t help but be a little jealous. A little bit later I saw him hop of the table and throw her a smile. Okay so maybe I was more than a little jealous. Sid came out, and we talked for a little bit, but then I walked into the trainer’s room and she glanced over at me, and then continued on to her next task. Soon enough it was time for my evaluation. I hopped up on the desk, and Kyle started looking my ankle over while she stood there and watched him. I could tell that she couldn’t wait to be in his position some day.
“Well it definitely is looking stronger,” Kyle pointed out.
“So do I get to play in Boston?” I shouted out excitedly.
“I still think it’s a little too soon to be putting you in the line-up, but maybe in a week or so—“
“I don’t want to wait a week,” I interrupted. I looked over at her and pleaded with my eyes for her to help me out.
“You know when he was skating earlier, it did definitely look strong enough.” She told Kyle, while flashing me a meek smile.
“I still think it’s too soon. I don’t want to risk putting you in there, and it getting worse. The season just started. Would you rather be sitting out now, or in February?” Kyle stated coldly.
“You know I’m tough enough to play through this…” I pleaded once more.
“It’s not about toughness Geno. And I’m sorry, but I’m not releasing you yet. Now I let you stop using the crutches, and you can continue to skate, but that is where it stops.” With those last final commands, Kyle left the room.
Ty’s POV
I could see the defeat on his face right after Kyle left.
“Sorry, I tried to help,” was the only thing I could think to say to comfort him.
“Yeah, thanks for that,” he replied simply. After sitting in silence for a couple of seconds he changed the subject.
“So are they letting you sit down on the benches yet?”
“Nope, they said I could in about a week or so.”
“Good, I could really use some company tonight up in the box.” He stated with a small smile.
“Of course,” I replied with a smile of my own. And with that, we left the locker room in pursuit of the owner’s box.
I didn’t say much during the game, but neither did he. I could tell he was still upset about not getting released. As the game continued, I allowed myself to get lost in my thoughts. I kept running situations through my head. He certainly did seem genuine, but with people these days you never can be too sure. Say I give him a chance, and all he is after is sex. I would end up heartbroken, and back in my current situation. Or, say I give him a chance, and he cheats on me. Then I would be in an even worse situation. I don’t think I could handle someone cheating on me… and that’s when he broke my concentration by speaking.
“So, Sid said you might come out with us tonight.”
“Did he now? When did you talk to him?” I questioned.
“A little while after you finished taping his ankles. I think we are all planning on heading down to Diesel...”
“Geno, you know I’m not 21.”
“I’m not either,” he replied with a smile. “But being a professional athlete does have its advantages.”
“And they will just let me in, just like that?”
“Pretty much. We will tell the man at the front door you are with us, and then you can head on up to the VIP room with us.” Thinking one step ahead of me, he finished “You don’t have to worry, if you don’t want to drink you don’t have to.”
“Well, maybe I could go just for a little bit…”
“Good. I’d like that,” he answered with a smile.
And then we continued to watch the game in silence.
I couldn’t help but smile as she walked down the stairs of the home. She looked amazing as usual. Even when I saw her in the gym, all sweaty from practicing, she was still beautiful. I was still gloating a little from finally getting her to give in, which she caught on to. So in return she didn’t say anything during the short ride to the arena. I saw the glances from my teammates as she followed me into the locker room. She was in search for Mario because she wasn’t certain as to what she was supposed to be doing yet. After looking and unsuccessfully finding him in the locker room, she moved on to looking for him in his office, so I was left alone. I continued on my way to get my skates, when I was approached by Marc.
“What’s the deal,” he simply stated, while taking his suit jacket off.
“I’m not sure I know what you are referring to,” I answered defiantly.
“Right…” Max said while joining us. When I gave him a blank stare he pressed on, “What’s up with you and Ty?”
I flashed them a small content smile, and replied “Nothing. I gave her a ride to the arena, what’s so significant about that.”
They both looked at each other, but I didn’t give them time to make anymore comments. I was already headed out to the ice. It had been a week and a half since I was allowed to skate, and I prayed that I could convince the trainers to let me play in the next game. I didn’t know how much longer I could take not being able to play.
As I made my way onto the ice, I relished at the feeling of skating again. I must have gotten caught up in the moment, because I didn’t realize that I was being watched. As I made my way back over toward the bench, I saw her leaning against the boards.
“Looks like somebody is about ready to play again,” she commented.
“Hopefully, I don’t know how much more sitting out I can stand.” And then I got a brilliant idea. “Do you want to join me? I’m sure we could round you up some skates somewhere.”
She looked absolutely adorable as a look of sheer panic crossed her face. “Oh no, I’m fine where I’m at,” she stuttered.
“You don’t know how to skate, do you…?” I joked.
She stared me down, as I saw her stubbornness kick in. “I can manage to skate when it’s needed.”
And with that, she gave me one final glance and disappeared down the hallway. I skated a couple more laps, and then headed off in the direction I saw her leave.
Ty’s POV
As I made my way into the training room, I noticed quite a line of guys waiting to get ankles taped before the game. When Kyle, the head of the training department saw me enter the room, I could have sworn I saw him sigh in relief. “Do you know how to tape ankles by chance?” he asked hopefully. I nodded my head, and within seconds he threw a role of pre-wrap and athletic tape in my direction. “Get after it then,” he stated with a small smile.
I moved over to the table that was obviously designated to be mine, and Sid instantly hopped up on it. He kept staring at me like he had a question to ask, so I figured I would open up the opportunity for him to ask it.
“Do you need to ask me something? Or do you always stare at people like that,” I joked while starting to wrap his first ankle.
“Haha umm yeah, I do have a question. Are you seeing anyone?” he asked bluntly.
“No,” I replied with the same bluntness.
A small smile crept on his face. “Good.”
“Can I ask why you would like to know?” I questioned.
“I’m not sure, can you?” he answered with that devilish grin of his.
“Stop being a smartass and answer the question,” I said while taking a jab at his shoulder.
“Oww!” he cried. “Easy there, you can’t injure me, I have a game to play!”
“Don’t cross onto my bad side and we won’t have any issues,” I said with a small smile. “Please just answer the question.”
“No reason,” he stated simply.
I continued to stare at him while I tried to figure out what just exactly he was up to.
As if he could pick up on my annoyance, he pressed on. “You should come out with us tonight after the game.”
“I’m busy,” I said, finishing up on his second ankle, and lowering his leg, trying to give him the hint that I was dismissing him, and he should leave.
“You really can’t be too busy to—“
“I might be. You don’t know my agenda,” I snapped, while turning around and trying to make it appear that I was busy.
“Alright, calm down,” he said with a small laugh. “I just know some certain people that would be very appreciative if you took the time to hang out with us tonight.”
I turned around and gave him a questioning glance, and with that he laughed and jumped down off the table and left the room.
Geno’s POV
After I had finished my skating, I headed off toward the locker room. As I entered, I could hear her laugh from the trainer’s room. I looked through the door and saw her taping Sid’s ankles. I couldn’t help but be a little jealous. A little bit later I saw him hop of the table and throw her a smile. Okay so maybe I was more than a little jealous. Sid came out, and we talked for a little bit, but then I walked into the trainer’s room and she glanced over at me, and then continued on to her next task. Soon enough it was time for my evaluation. I hopped up on the desk, and Kyle started looking my ankle over while she stood there and watched him. I could tell that she couldn’t wait to be in his position some day.
“Well it definitely is looking stronger,” Kyle pointed out.
“So do I get to play in Boston?” I shouted out excitedly.
“I still think it’s a little too soon to be putting you in the line-up, but maybe in a week or so—“
“I don’t want to wait a week,” I interrupted. I looked over at her and pleaded with my eyes for her to help me out.
“You know when he was skating earlier, it did definitely look strong enough.” She told Kyle, while flashing me a meek smile.
“I still think it’s too soon. I don’t want to risk putting you in there, and it getting worse. The season just started. Would you rather be sitting out now, or in February?” Kyle stated coldly.
“You know I’m tough enough to play through this…” I pleaded once more.
“It’s not about toughness Geno. And I’m sorry, but I’m not releasing you yet. Now I let you stop using the crutches, and you can continue to skate, but that is where it stops.” With those last final commands, Kyle left the room.
Ty’s POV
I could see the defeat on his face right after Kyle left.
“Sorry, I tried to help,” was the only thing I could think to say to comfort him.
“Yeah, thanks for that,” he replied simply. After sitting in silence for a couple of seconds he changed the subject.
“So are they letting you sit down on the benches yet?”
“Nope, they said I could in about a week or so.”
“Good, I could really use some company tonight up in the box.” He stated with a small smile.
“Of course,” I replied with a smile of my own. And with that, we left the locker room in pursuit of the owner’s box.
I didn’t say much during the game, but neither did he. I could tell he was still upset about not getting released. As the game continued, I allowed myself to get lost in my thoughts. I kept running situations through my head. He certainly did seem genuine, but with people these days you never can be too sure. Say I give him a chance, and all he is after is sex. I would end up heartbroken, and back in my current situation. Or, say I give him a chance, and he cheats on me. Then I would be in an even worse situation. I don’t think I could handle someone cheating on me… and that’s when he broke my concentration by speaking.
“So, Sid said you might come out with us tonight.”
“Did he now? When did you talk to him?” I questioned.
“A little while after you finished taping his ankles. I think we are all planning on heading down to Diesel...”
“Geno, you know I’m not 21.”
“I’m not either,” he replied with a smile. “But being a professional athlete does have its advantages.”
“And they will just let me in, just like that?”
“Pretty much. We will tell the man at the front door you are with us, and then you can head on up to the VIP room with us.” Thinking one step ahead of me, he finished “You don’t have to worry, if you don’t want to drink you don’t have to.”
“Well, maybe I could go just for a little bit…”
“Good. I’d like that,” he answered with a smile.
And then we continued to watch the game in silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment