_____________________________________________________________________
The soreness in my thighs I have when I wake up brings a smile to my face as I recall the events that occurred last night. I look over at the alarm clock, and when I see it's only 6:50 I'm excited to know I have at least another hour of enjoying this, of enjoying his arm draped around my waist, holding me closely to him before having to go to the dreaded surgery center. I roll over so I'm facing him and just watch him. I heard him say those three simple words when he thought I was sleeping. I'm glad he didn't say them to my face, because I don't know how I would have responded. I knew he cared for me, I just didn't realize how much I guess. When he finally starts to stir minutes later, I snuggle in closer to him and rest my forehead on his chest and relish the smell of him. I sigh, hating how much I need him, depend on him. I hold back the thoughts like 'I love you' and can't believe that I'm here, acting like this, trusting him completely with this heart of mine I thought was long ago closed off from all emotion.
"Morning," I sigh as he plants a kiss on my forehead.
"Good morning," he replied with a smile while running a hand through my tousled bed-head.
"I should probably go shower," I said after trying to squirm out of his grasp.
"Is that an invitation?" he asked with that devilish smile of his.
"Do you want it to be?" I asked back. I knew he hated when I answered a question with yet another question.
"You know I do, but we both know we need to leave within 30 minutes to get you there on time. And if I get you in that shower, it's not likely you would be coming out that soon," he sighed.
"Well, guess your on your own then," I replied with a smile while limping toward the bathroom. As much as I hated the fact that I would be on crutches for at least 3 weeks, I was ready to get this process going. Ready to get things that use to mean the world to me back.
Geno's POV
It took every ounce of strength I had to stay where I was put when I heard the shower turn on. As I tried to focus on the morning news, I saw something come flying out of the bathroom and land in the middle of my floor. It was the shirt she was wearing, or had been wearing. I tried to ignore it and turned back to the TV. It was then that her bra and underwear came flying out.
"Not funny," I sighed while going to pick them up.
I heard her giggle before she replied. "I'm sure I know what you are referring to."
I quietly took my clothes off and laid them by hers before making my way into the bathroom and opening the shower door.
"Really? Because I think you do," I replied while wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her neck. She moved her hair to one side to give me more space to work with while running her hand around to the back of my neck and playing with the soft curls there. It always drove me crazy when she did that. She turned around to face me, and I couldn't stop myself from pushing her up against the wall. She gave in to me as easily as the night before, and to be honest I wasn't all that surprised. I had never had a stronger connection with anyone. We understood each other. Even when she tried to act tough or push me away, I could always see right through her. As my hands trailed down her perfectly sculpted stomach to her hips, the thought crossed my mind that she had to have been sore from last night. I looked into her eyes to see if she was going to tell me no, but all I saw was the same heated desire that I knew was present in mine. So I picked her up, and attempted to be as gentle as possible.
Ty's POV
I rested my head on his shoulder while my breathing went back to normal and could only be happy that he was standing as close to me as he was, because I wasn't completely sure I would be able to stand up on my own.
"We are going to be so late," he laughed while grabbing for the shampoo and conditioner.
"Well it's your fault," I answered while stepping under the water to rinse the shampoo from my hair.
"My fault? It's my fault that you seduced me?" he replied with a grin.
"Yes," I stated with the same smile while pushing him out of the shower. I towel dried my hair before throwing some hair gel into it. It was times like these that I loved having a slight amount of curl to my hair, because I could easily throw some product in it and have perfectly natural waves in a matter of minutes. I threw some light make-up on before getting dressed and heading downstairs.
Soon enough we were at the surgery center. I followed the nurse back to the room they would be operating in. The next thing I know, I'm waking up with this awful pain in my knee.
"We just gave you your first dose of pain medication. The doctor is out giving the specifics to your husband. Let me help you into this wheel chair and I can take you out to see him," the nurse said.
'What...husband?' I thought to myself.
"I don't need a wheel chair, just please give me my crutches," I replied while attempting to get up on my own.
"It's standard procedure--"
"I know it is, but I am perfectly capable of getting out of here under my own control. So if you could, please just hand me my crutches," I answered while trying not to get to irritated with the young nurse that was just trying to do her job.
Much to my delight, she left it at that and brought them over to me. She showed me out to the waiting room where I found him sitting patiently.
"Why can't you ever do what you are told," he sighed while pointing to the crutches.
"Can we please just go home? I'm exhausted," I replied, trying to avoid this conversation.
"Of course, let's go," he answered.
He didn't talk the whole ride home, and I could only be thankful for that. When we pulled up into the drive way he helped me out of the car and into the house where he directly escorted me over to the couch.
"The doctor said you had to keep it elevated all day today," he stated while going and getting a couple a pillows and propping my leg up on it.
"I have to stay here all day?" I whined.
"Yes, you are stuck with me all day," he replied with a smile. "Here, it's time for your pain pill."
He sat down on the floor and rested his head on the couch while we watched TV. After about 30 minutes I couldn't keep my eyelids open any longer and fell asleep.
I woke up about 4 hours later to a room full of people. I glanced around the room to see most of the penguins players with what I could only assume was some of their girlfriends. Great, it's my first time to meet them, and I look like absolute shit. I sat up, thinking nobody would notice if I made my way to my room to get freshened up.
"Hey, we have specific orders to not let you move from that couch," Jordan shouted from in the kitchen.
I grabbed for my crutches and stood up. "I'll be fine," I mumbled. That's when I saw Geno coming through the front door. Ahh shit...
"What are you doing? You know you aren't suppose to be using your crutches yet," he stated while trying to get me to sit back down on the couch.
"I know, but I would really like to go take a shower and I've been there long enough. It's driving me crazy," I whispered.
"You definitely are not patient material," he laughed before continuing "But you aren't suppose to take a shower yet."
I was already making my way to the stairs before I answered. This many people was making me a little nervous.
"Can you help me upstairs please?" I asked with pleading eyes.
"I suppose I could manage that," he replied before picking me up. "But you still can't take a shower."
"What about a bath?" I questioned.
"I'm afraid that won't work either. You can't get your leg wet until that wrap comes off, and that won't be until tomorrow morning."
"I can at least wash my hair in the sink though," I replied when he sat me down. Since he left my crutches downstairs I started to hop to the bathroom.
"You aren't even suppose to be moving around yet," he sighed.
"Well, I'm already up anyways. And I just want to wash my hair and get cleaned up a little since all these people are here, and then I'll sit back down, I promise."
"Okay, but then that's it," he said while walking into the bathroom and finding me without a shirt on. "What, I can't let you fall, what would I tell the doctor then?" he laughed.
I washed my hair and then blow dried it. Then I pulled my bangs out of my face before throwing my hair in a messy bun, allowing some small pieces of hair to fall down around my face. I put on my typical everyday amount of make up, all with him just staring at me. "What?" I questioned.
"Nothing, I just don't see why you wear any of that stuff. You are beautiful without it," he replied before kissing me.
"You might think that, but the rest of the world does not," I stated while hobbling back into my bed room.
"Okay could you please just sit down now, I'll get you whatever you need, but you are making me extremely nervous."
"Okay fine, but you are gonna have to grab my clothes for me. Grab a pair of jeans, a white tank top, and that zip up orange furry hoodie hanging up in my closet."
When he brought it all back, I put it on before he helped me back downstairs where he once again escorted me over to the couch where a couple of women were already sitting.
"Hello, I'm Vero. Marc's girlfriend," she said with a smile.
"Hi, I'm Ty, it's nice to finally meet you," I returned with the same smile.
"Oh you to! I must say, you really have changed him," she laughed while pointing over toward Geno.
"Oh really? How so?" I questioned.
"He really use to be quite the ladies man before he met you. Now he can't seem to keep his eyes off of you. And only you, I might add."
"Good to know," I laughed.
She introduced me to Mel, Colby's girlfriend, and we sat and talked the rest of the night. It started getting late, and that's when I got up to head to bed. Geno was still over having a good time, so I tried to sneak away. I don't want people to think I'm useless or something, so I don't need him waiting on me hand and foot.
When I look at about the 25 steps I had to climb to get to my room I could only sigh. This was going to be hard work. I grabbed the railing and jumped one at a time, with crutches in tow, until I heard a voice.
"Looks like you have a long ways to go," he laughed quietly. I turned around to see Mario standing there.
"Hey Mario, what are you doing here?" I questioned.
"Well, they guys told me they were having a get together, and I figured I would come by and tell you myself."
"Okay, tell me what?"
"Well, we are getting a new physical trainer for the boys. You two are going to be pretty close in age, so I figured you could show her the ropes."
"Yeah, I suppose I could do that," I answered. It was then that I saw her. She was absolutely beautiful. Of course all the guys would drool over her. That's when I saw her make her way over to where Geno was sitting. I was absolutely disgusted having to sit there and watch her flirt with him, so I had to get out of there. What made it even worse is the fact that he let her. "Excuse me, but I'm very exhausted, busy day you know. I'll talk to you later," I said politely before making my way to the front door.
Geno's POV
Mario walked in and introduced our new physical trainer, Leslie. All the guys made their way over to her to say hello, but I figured there would be another time to greet her properly. I hadn't seen Ty in a while, and I was getting a little worried that she was over-exerting herself. I was about to go look for her when Leslie approached me and started talking to me. She was throwing herself all over me, which absolutely disgusted me. 'Another puckbunny whore...' I thought to myself. That's when I saw her, standing on the stairs, talking to Mario, her eyes right on me. I knew what my chat with Leslie had looked like, and I was just praying she would understand. Would believe that I didn't want to be around her as much as she didn't want me to. I was on my way up to talk to her when Mario stopped and started talking to me. It was probably another 20 minutes before I could get away from him, and I could only hope she didn't think I had been enjoying Leslie's company in any way. I had just started to make progress with her, I definitely wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that.
When I opened her door, her room was surprisingly empty. I checked my room, the bathroom, and the balcony but she wasn't there either. Feeling a little defeated, I went back downstairs and checked every room for her, just in case. Nothing. Where the hell could she be? As I made my way to my car I could only think of one more place she could be. I could only hope I would come up with the right words to say in the 15 minute drive.
Ty's POV
So many thoughts ran through my mind as I sat in my old high school basketball gym with a ball in my hand. I use to be able to work my frustrations out with a good long run or maybe even lifting weights. That would be impossible now, so I sat on the bench and looked around the old gym. I could still picture the crowd during close games, or even sometimes when I thought about it really hard, I could still see my dad. Sometimes I wondered if he would approve of what I've become. If he would approve of all of the decisions I had to make without him, and better yet if he would approve of Geno. What am I talking about? I don't even know if I approve of him. I could just picture the situation I had just seen in my head. My heart didn't know if it should feel hurt or disgusted. I knew I should give him a chance to explain, if he even knew I was upset. He knew everything else I was thinking though, so why would this be different? I could only hope that he had a plausible answer, because my heart desperately wanted to forgive him. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I needed him. I knew why I was so irritable right now. Tomorrow would mark the 2nd year since he was taken away from me. As much as I tried to get past it, tried to forget those painful memories, I knew it would be embedded in my memory for eternity. I couldn't hold my emotions in any more between thinking about my dad and the past events of the night. I could only sigh as a few silent tears rolled down my face.
Geno's POV
As I walked through the door of the gym, I could hear a ball bouncing on the court. As I walked around the corner, I could see her sitting there, in the dimly lit gym sitting on the bench. Her back was facing me, but from what I could tell, she was crying. When I saw her rest her head in her hands, I had no doubt that she was in fact crying. I made my way around the bench and just stood there. I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do. Luckily she started talking to break the silence.
"How did you find me?" she questioned, while he head was still down.
"Are you okay?" I asked, totally ignoring her question.
As she looked up for the first time since I had gotten there, I saw the tears welling in her eyes. I knew there had to be something else going on than just the Leslie issue. She would have probably distances herself from me, but never have gotten this upset over something so minor. The only thing I could think about right now was comforting her, try to ease the pain.
"Come here," I sighed while walking over to her. She stood up and I wrapped my arms around her. As she rested her head on my shoulder, I ran my hands through her hair. I didn't say anything, but then again I didn't think she wanted me to. She pulled away a little and looked up at me before talking.
"Tomorrow makes 2 years," she sighed before continuing. "And about Leslie--"
"It wasn't what it looked like," I interrupted.
Ty's POV
I still couldn't believe he had found me. I was in such a state of shock that half the things he was saying weren't even registering in my mind as he tried to describe the incident with Leslie. I was only thinking about one thing. I loved him...
"And I know I hurt you," he started, but I interrupted him before he could finish.
"I love you..." I stated bluntly while a few tears rolled down my face. His expression went from blank to completely shocked. He took his thumb and wiped my tears away before replying.
"I love you to," he said with a devilish smile before our lips connected for the thousandth time today.
No comments:
Post a Comment