Geno's POV
She told me she would be alright as I walked her back toward the ice. She still looked absolutely scared, but I knew I had to get out on the ice and warm up before questions started getting asked. As I made my first lap, I watched her the whole time, but then again this was nothing new. I always had to put my best effort into paying attention to warm ups or the game instead of her.
Soon enough the game was over, and she followed me back toward the locker room. I couldn't help but enjoy how close to was sticking to me the whole time, I loved the fact that she felt safe around me. I rushed through my post-game interviews, and then jumped in the shower. When I came back out, I saw her sitting in my stall.
"Are you sure you are okay?" I asked.
"Yeah. I'll be fine with time, I'm just still a little jumpy right now. Do you think you stay with me until we get back to the hotel though?"
"That I can manage," I replied with a small smile. I finished getting dressed and then we went and met the bus.
As we were in the elevator I could see the blank stare on her face. As we walked to her door I just kept watching her. When she opened the door to go in, I couldn't help but question her one more time. "Are you sure you are going to be alright by yourself?"
"Actually," she sighed, "could you stick around for a while, maybe watch some TV or something?"
"Of course." I replied with a small smile.
It had been about 45 minutes when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to find Max on the other side.
"The police would like to hear your side of the story. They are waiting for you down in the lobby" he stated quietly. By now she was right by my side, seeing who it was. "They aren't going to make Ty give a description yet, only if they can't get enough evidence on him to get a restraining order."
"Alright, I'll be down there shortly," I answered. With that, he left and I closed the door.
"I have to go talk to the police. You should get in the shower, it might help you relax some."
She seemed a little hesitantly, but finally asked what was on her mind. "Are you going to be here when I get out?"
It was now that I realized how close she was standing to me. "Do you want me to be?"
She looked up at me and my eyes met hers. She just nodded her head yes.
"Okay. Then I'll be back after a little while," I said before leaving.
Ty's POV
I stood there for a little while, and just stared at the door he had just left from. What had I just exactly asked him to do? I didn't want to think about it any longer, so I just went and got in the shower like he suggested. It didn't exactly calm my nerves any. In scary movies, the shower is always where the bad stuff goes down. I laughed to myself at my wondering imagination as I heard the door open. It's weird how a sound like that automatically put a smile on my face. I finished rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, and then dried off quickly. For some reason, I couldn't wait to see him. I hadn't ever felt like this about somebody. I just hoped it wouldn't take long for my mind to reach a point of acceptance to this new feeling.
When I opened the door, I noticed he had changed. He was now in a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt. It still didn't change the way I looked at him. He was damn sexy in anything.
Geno's POV
As I opened the door, I could still hear the shower going. I made my way over to the bed and then my phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket to see I had a new text message from Kris.
Is she okay?
I sent him a quick text back saying I thought she'd be, and then she emerged from the bathroom. Her hair was still soaking wet, and she didn't have a trace of make-up on. She didn't need it though. Her olive complexion matched with dark brown hair and beautiful green eyes was enough to keep my mind completely occupied. I tried to get the impure thoughts out of my head that always seemed to be looming there while she was around. It was then that she crawled onto the bed and laid next to me. I could tell she was exhausted, so I figured she would be out within a minutes. She changed the channel to sportscenter, and flashbacks of the first time we hung out came into my mind. It was then that I realized how close she was laying to me, her head leaning up against my arm. I glanced down and saw silent tears rolling down her face. I could tell she was trying to hide them from me, but I couldn't help but want to hold her. To make everything better.
"Come here," I offered as I raised my arm, giving her access to lay her head on my chest.
She glanced up at me, and then scooted closer and relaxed within my grasp. It felt so normal for her to be there. Like that was where she belonged. I continued watching TV until I heard her breathing had evened out, signaling she was finally asleep. I glanced down to check, and couldn't believe she looked even more beautiful while sleeping. As a smile creeped onto my face, I turned off the TV and attempted to get some rest myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment