Saturday, January 10, 2009

Chapter 20: The Last Vital Piece

Geno's POV

Words couldn't begin to describe how I felt. She had finally managed to say what I saw in her eyes. I couldn't take it any more, I couldn't wait to get her home and show her exactly how much I loved her too.

"Come on, let's go home," I said while hunching over for her to jump on for a piggy back ride. After I had her securely on my back I made my way over to her crutches, grabbed them, and headed to my SUV.

We pulled into the driveway and made our way into the house, where thankfully most everybody had left. I stopped and talked to some of the guys while she made her way up to her room. As badly as I wanted to follow her, I knew that now was not the time. I waited about 30 minutes before heading up to my room, where she was surprisingly already waiting for me, all curled up in my bed. She had the covers pulled up around her face so I couldn't tell if she was asleep or not, but as I approached her I could tell that she was indeed sleeping. I sat down on the edge of the bed and just watched her. She finally started to wake up when I tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"It's about time you got up her," she mumbled while snuggling in even more to the blanket sitting very close to her face.

"It's not nice to ignore guests," I smiled.

"Ignoring your girlfriend doesn't put you in a great situation either," she replied with her eyes still shut.

"Well I'm here now," I said while ripping the covers away from her to find her in a pair of my sweats that barely sat on her hips and a tank top. It was obvious she didn't have a bra on, and it was killing me to look at her laying there because I knew I still needed to wait a couple of weeks before I could do what I wanted to her because of her knee. By the way she was smiling, I knew that she knew what she was doing to me.


"You're not playing very nice right now," I sighed while kissing her from her jaw down to her neck.


"Well you're not either," she moaned while running her hands through my hair.


I pulled away and just looked her in the eyes. This seriously was torture. It was so weird for me to be so drawn to her. And only her. I wouldn't call myself a player, but I had been with my fair share of women before meeting her. But none of them intrigued me like she does. And now, she's all I think about, all I want to think about. I'm not even sure I've noticed another woman since meeting her. I could only sigh before getting up and making my way to the bathroom.


"Where are you going?" she questioned.


"To take a cold shower," I replied with a laugh. I was about to shut the bathroom door, but when I turned around I saw her picking up her crutches and following me. "What do you think you are doing?" I questioned.


"Taking a shower," she replied with obvious sarcasm.


"You know you can't until tomorrow morning," I told her while stopping her from taking her shirt off.


"Technically," she started, "it is 1, so it is tomorrow morning."


"Nice try," I said. It was then that she put her hands under my shirt and traced my abs before pulling it over my head. I knew that I would inevitably give in to her, so why bother fighting her.


"Why tonight?" I asked.


"What what?" She replied.


"Why were you finally able to tell me what I've seen in your eyes for the longest time? What changed?"


Ty's POV


I sat there and looked at him, trying to put words to the feelings that I was finally comfortable expressing.


"There was this vital piece of me that's been missing. And I tried to fill it Geno, I tried to fill it with basketball, and softball, and school. And it stayed empty until that first night that you kissed me. And my entire universe snapped back into focus. I realized that it's okay to depend on someone, to need someone. And my someone is you..." I broke off, finally looking him in the eyes while a single tear rolled down my face.


"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that," he replied while resting his forehead on mine. With that, he helped me out of my clothes and helped me into the shower.

Geno's POV

I knew that technically she still shouldn't have been showering, but how could I tell her no after that speech of hers, so I helped her through the process, being very careful that she didn't injure herself anymore than she already was. When we were finally finished, I helped her out of the shower and gave her a towel before picking her up and sitting her on the counter while I went to go get her some clean clothes to wear. When I went back into the bathroom, I saw her looking at her knee.

"Geez that looks nasty," I commented while looking at the tremendous amount of bruising already forming around her knee.

"I bruise easily," she stated while looking right into my eyes.

The statement itself sounded simple, but I knew she meant it much more complex. Not only was she referring to the literal way her body bruised, but the internal way too. I knew that I would never hurt her, and I knew now that she had faith in me to not do anything to her. That meant the world to me.

After she got dressed I carried her back into my bedroom and sat her on the bed before crawling in myself.

"What time do you guys leave tomorrow?" she asked.

"A little after 8. Kris still hasn't gotten release yet though so he will be here with you. And the day after I get back I have to go pick up my family from the airport."

"Are they staying here?" she questioned.

"No, they always stay at a hotel," I answered. I could feel how uneasy she was about them coming. "Don't worry, they are going to love you," I said while kissing her on her forehead and pulling her into my arms before drifting off to sleep.

1 comment: