At 8:30 my alarm clock was going off in my ear. I had grown accustomed to sleeping in now that I couldn't take my daily run anymore. But it was starting to get old. I had never felt this out of shape before, and it was getting to me. I didn't know if I could wait that much longer while staying sane. After reaching to turn my alarm off, I proceeded to head to the shower. After a short 10 minutes in there, I towel-dried my hair a little and headed downstairs for breakfast. Nobody was awake--how typical, so I ate by myself and then headed back upstairs to get dressed and finish packing my bags for the road trip to Atlanta and then Dallas. Since my injury I was now able to travel with the team full time. I simply loved it. Aside from doing what I enjoyed, I also got to be with the people I cared about and see new places. Soon enough the guys were awake and we headed out to met the plane.
I had never been on a plane before, and I was crazy scared. I tried to keep it to myself though, but Geno could see right through my act. Then again he always could though...
"It's really going to be okay, once we get in the air you won't even think about it," he said with a small smile. I just looked up and him and scooted closer to him, which made him chuckle.
As the plan took off I started doing the schoolwork I already had from being enrolled in classes online. I know it's crazy to start school after just getting done with it, but I wanted to get started with getting my degree as soon as possible. And I could take things at my own pace, so I really didn't have a problem with it. I had worked probably a good 45 minutes before my nerves got the best of me, and I had to talk to someone to calm myself down. I noticed he had pulled out his PSP, and as I looked around the plane I noticed several other people had theirs out to, so I assumed that they were all playing against each other.
"What game are you playing," I asked.
"Call of Duty," he replied shortly.
"Are you playing by yourself or do you get teammates?" I questioned.
"There is an odd number of us, so everybody else is paired up and I am currently playing by myself," he answered while still not looking up from the screen he was holding almost directly in front of his face.
Feeling a little defeated, I stopped trying to attempt to have a conversation, figuring I wouldn't get any more out of him than I already had. I sat there for a little while before getting completely bored, so I reached for my book and started reading.
About 10 minutes later, he was done playing his game and then it was his turn to question me.
"Holy shit that's a big book, what's the name of it," he questioned in awe.
"The Grapes of Wrath," I replied with the same shortness I had received earlier.
"Never heard of it," he stated while shaking his head at me.
I could only look up at him with a smile on my face. I wasn't going to try and describe the greatness that is John Steinbeck to him. 'What a jock..' I thought to myself.
I got completely wrapped up in my book, and soon enough we landed. I couldn't help but feel relieved. As everybody started to file off the plane, Geno took my hand and I followed him down the isle. When we reached the steps to get off he realized that I was a little slower than him, with my knee injury and all. He came back up toward me with a smile on his face.
"Here, let me help you," he offered. When he saw I was a little hesitant he added "It will make this go quicker."
Instead of standing there and arguing with him, I jumped on his back and he gave me a piggy-back ride down the 20 some steps and then gently sat me down on the ground.
Right after we got off the plane, we got directly on a bus to go the the practice facility. While there, I wandered around a little bit. I had never been here before, so I'm not going to deny the fact that I was kind of lost. Just kind of though. I was about to whip out my cell phone and call someone to help me out when I heard someone approaching around the corner.
"Well hello there, can I help you?" the stranger asked.
When he got into the lighting, I could tell it was Garnet Exelby. I never was very fond of him. I always thought he was a creeper.
"Um, yeah can you tell me how to get to the locker rooms please?"
"Anything for you," he replied with a devilish smile. Then he continued to look me up and down. I couldn't help but feel disgusted. I hated when men looked at me like that. Well, all except one that is... As his eyes continued to linger, I took a couple of steps back and brought him out of his trance.
"Um, hello? I'm kind of in a hurry."
"Yeah, that way," he said while pointing toward the way he just came.
"Thank you," I replied quickly while starting in that direction.
As I walked past him I felt him turn around and keep his eyes on me. "My pleasure, I like this view anyways."
I turned around and gave him a look of pure hatred and continued on my way at a faster pace. There was something about this guy I just didn't trust.
Geno's POV
When she came storming into the locker room and went straight toward the training room I knew something was wrong. I didn't even bother with finishing taking off my skates as I followed her.
"Is something wrong?" I asked her.
"Some guys are real creepers," she stated bluntly.
I chuckled a little before trying to get her to tell me who she was referring to. "Anybody I would know?"
"Yeah, effing Excelby. But I'd rather not discuss it." And with those last words she walked past me and out of the room.
Ty's POV
I couldn't help but feel sorry for treating him that way. After all, he wasn't the one I had the problem with. But I just didn't feel like putting up with any guys at the moment. After we had made it back to the hotel, I went up to my room and took a nap until it was time for me to get ready to head to the arena for the game that night.
After I woke up I jumped in the shower and did my typical routine of getting ready. I didn't put much effort or time into getting ready, but then again I never did.
We got back on a bus and headed toward the arena. While sitting there with Geno I decided it would be best to apologize to him.
"Sorry for being a bitch earlier, I just hate when I'm looked at as nothing but a toy," I stated.
He laughed before replying. "Yeah, I bet that does get old." After that we rode the rest of the way in silence.
I was once again in a new place, so I really didn't know how to get around. As I was making my way toward the ice to watch the guys warm up I saw him again.
"Here again? You must be close with someone on the team to be able to do all this behind the scene stuff," he stated with that same devilish grin that had given me goosebumps earlier.
"I'm actually a trainer for the team," I answered while trying to pass him. I was denied of that as he stepped in front of me.
"That so? I could think of some things I would love to train you at," he replied while putting his hand on my cheek.
"Don't touch me," I said coldly, but only to have another attempt at getting by him denied.
"I think you like it when I touch you," and with that he moved his hands down to my breasts.
I was starting to get a little panicked, so I glanced around to see if anybody was close by. No luck, we were all by ourselves. I shoved his hands off of me and turned around to walk away from him, and that was when he grabbed me by the wrist and drug me into the equipment room that was inconveniently very close to us. He threw me in, making me fall to the ground, and then locked the door. As he walked toward me, I picked myself up, but couldn't help but feel the pain in my knee that the fall had caused.
"I don't know what the hell you think you are doing but---" My words were broken up with him placing his lips on mine. I tried to get out of his reach, but he was so much stronger than me that I came up on the losing side. When I couldn't get away from him, I tried my best to defend myself, so I did the move I was always taught when I was little. I stepped on his foot, kneed him in the balls, and then punched him in the nose. He staggered back, hunching over in pain. But it still wasn't enough.
"Feisty eh? Just how I like them," he said with that grin of his.
I continued struggling, but he had complete control of me now. He had me pinned to the ground, and I couldn't help but start feeling a little helpless. The more I thought about it, the more pissed off I was becoming. There was no way I was going to let him get what he wanted from me. Maybe if I made enough commotion, somebody walking by would hear and come to my rescue. It was then that he started taking off my clothes. I fought with everything I had, but when he ripped my knee brace off, I was in so much pain that I knew I would never be able to get away from him. After he had pulled that off, he continued to take my pants off. Then he just hovered over me, looking at me once again like he had earlier in the day. I looked into his eyes, and saw a pure animal. And once again, I felt completely helpless.
I was in tears at this point. I was absolutely scared for my life. It was then that I heard Colby coming down the hallway. I let out a shriek that I knew he would have to of heard. I was right, within seconds I heard him Jordan and Max on the outside of the door. Thank God... I thought to myself.
Geno's POV
"Hey, have you see Ty around here? I could use some help with taping before the game," Kyle asked me inquisitively.
"Uhh, no sorry. I haven't seen her for the past 15 minutes or so," I answered.
Colby, Jordan and Max walked past me and started heading out to the ice to warm up. I finished tying my skates and then followed them within the next minute or so.
As I left the locker room I could see the 3 of them trying to get into what looked like a locked door. I didn't think anything of it, those guys were always doing weird stuff. When they finally accomplished getting it open I was within sight of what was inside. I saw them go rushing in, and pick somebody off the ground and start hacking away at them with violent punches. It was then that I saw her laying there, in nothing but a pair of underwear and a bra, tears and fear covering her beautiful face.
Ty's POV
Them opening the door completely surprised him. He was so focused on me that he hadn't even heard them coming. So while he was in awe I took advantage of him paying more attention to them than me, and I punched him in the face to try and get him off of me. They rushed into the room and took over, while I laid there for a minute while trying to figure out if this was all a dream or if it had really happened. That's when I saw him standing there. I automatically felt safer now that he was close. I went to stand up, and once again felt the pain in my knee. That didn't stop me from running over to him in an attempt to get as far away from that bastard as I could.
Geno's POV
After I put things together, I saw her getting up in an attempt to leave. I saw her knee give out a little, and that's when I rushed toward her in an attempt to protect her. The 3 of them had him under control, I was just worried about her now.
When she finally got to me I wrapped her up in my arms and just held her. I didn't know how far he had gotten in his sceme, but it was obvious that she put up quite the fight. The room was a mess. A security guard must have heard all the commotion, and soon enough he had Exelby under his control, and drug him out of the room. It was then that another security guard appeared, asking questions as to what had happened.
Max looked at me, and saw her in my arms before he spoke up. "I'll go answer questions, you take care of her." I whispered thank you to him and then looked down at her.
She was crying uncontrollably, and I couldn't blame her. I was surprised she would even let me touch her at all, after what that asshole had tried to do. Just thinking about him made me furious...
"I'm sorry," she sobbed.
I was completely shocked after she said this. I pushed her away a little bit and looked her in the face, before answering her. "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about." She just turned her head away from me, and I knew that right now I couldn't be forceful with her. It would probably just freak her out. So instead of forcing her to look at me, I moved my head until I was looking her directly in the eyes. "None of this is your fault."
"Maybe I was leading him on, I don't know. I was just trying to get to the ice--" she stammered.
My heart broke just looking at her so broken. I felt even worse when I didn't know how to fix it, how to make it better. I'm not sure someone can even make something like this better. I knew right now was a selfish time to be thinking about myself, but I couldn't help but wonder if my progress with her would be gone. It was then that she moved closer to me and laid her head on my chest. Maybe everything would be alright after all.
Ty's POV
I moved closer to him once again, and proceeded to compose myself. Luckily, that asshole didn't get what he obviously wanted. And I knew I would be okay with time. It was then that I backed away to try and get my clothes. After he caught on to what I was doing, he rushed over and helpd.
"Here, let me get those," he offered.
I let him retreive them, and then let him help me put them on. While he was pulling my pants on, his hands stopped when they got to my hips. I looked down and saw what he was gawking at. I had a newly forming bruise forming on my left hip. He shook his head, and then looked into my eyes. He momentarily stole my breath away with the compassion that I saw. I could feel tears starting to form again, but for a whole different reason. I loved him...
No comments:
Post a Comment