"It really is unnecessary," I stated flatly.
"No what is unnecessary is the simple fact that you won't let me take care of you," he replied with the same venom in his voice I had shown in mine.
"You don't need to miss practice to take me for my surgery. I'm fully capable of getting myself there on time."
"For starters, it's only an optional skate. Does it really scare you that much to believe that I want to be there for you? Want to support you?"
I knew he was right, but at this point I was willing to fight about just about anything to try and distance myself from him. I knew his parents and brother were flying in for Thanksgiving, and its apparent I'm not good in a family setting. After all, I haven't exactly had that much practice at it. I just hope he sees where I am coming from, sees why it is that this situation absolutely scares me to death, sees the real reason I'm distancing myself from him.
Geno's POV
I know why she is fighting me, know why she is pushing me away. She has been skittish ever since she found out my parents were coming for Thanksgiving. After a couple phone calls to my mom, she knew I had definitely taken a liking to this woman, and she insisted on meeting her. If only she knew how difficult of a task that could be in itself. But as I stand in her bedroom with her, I match her blow for blow, determined to not give in this time. Determined to stand up to the fierce look I see in her eyes. Beyond the front she is putting on, I see how scared she is. That fear makes me take a different approach to this situation, makes a softer look creep into my once fierce eyes.
"All I'm asking is you let me take you to the surgery center, and bring you back home," I sighed. Why did she have to be so damn stubborn sometimes....
She tried to distance herself from me by grabbing the clothes she had sitting on her bed and heading into the bathroom. I wasn't going to let her use a shower as an excuse to dismiss me, so I followed her. She seemed a little shocked, but tried to make herself look busy by washing her face. I just leaned back against the counter and waited. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get tired of using this method against her, or ever get tired of her giving in and breaking her defenses in an attempt to explain what was running through that unpredictable mind of hers.
Ty's POV
The intensity in his eyes is making me quake. I've only seen those eyes look that defiant when he is on the ice. Or on a few nights when we got caught up in the fire between us, the fire that never seems to die down when he is around me. That fire was there now, and I almost melted in his eyes as I stared him directly at him. Then, like the flip of a switch, the determination was gone, and I saw something softer. Something sweeter flash in his eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. He was driving me crazy, and I couldn't let him see it. So I grabbed my clothes and headed off toward the bathroom.
I wasn't surprised when he followed me. I had to keep my hands busy though, just to keep them off of him. So I did the only thing I could think of at the moment, and washed my face. He just leaned against the counter, and didn't say anything. I hated when he did this to me. I opened up like I always do, and silently hated myself for being so damn weak when it came to him.
"I'm nervous," I replied quietly, hoping he would know what I was referring to. Hoping I wouldn't have to go into detail.
"About?" he questioned. I knew he knew why. I think he just liked to torture me. 'Two can play that game,' I thought to myself. I reached for the belt that was holding my jeans in place and took it off, quickly followed by my shirt. I heard him take a deep breath and knew I had accomplished my goal. I smiled to myself before answering.
"Meeting them," I sighed. "I don't really have the best track record where families are concerned."
Geno's POV
Her standing there half naked was very distracting to me. I gripped the edge of the counter, knowing I would probably lose the battle with my mind to keep my hands to myself. I did my best to keep my mind on the issue at task and not let her version of playing dirty get to me.
"They are going to love you," I sighed while walking toward her and tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.
"How do you know that? What if they don't think I'm good enough, or think I'm just after your money..." she broke off before looking me in the eyes.
"It's simple. I know because they want me happy. And I'm happy when I'm with you," I replied before planting a row of kisses from her jaw to just behind her ear.
As she worked her hands up my shirt and gently traced my abs, I couldn't take it any longer. I picked her up and set her on the counter before stepping as close to her as I could get.
Ty's POV
I saw him bite the corner of his lip, like he was trying to behave but was having difficulties standing where he was. After he kissed me, I knew exactly where this was going, so I let him pick me up and set me down on the counter. As his kisses moved lower, I couldn't stop his name from escaping from my lips.
can't wait for more :)
ReplyDeleteomg this story is amazing. post a new one or a few as soon as possible. im addicted!
ReplyDelete