Monday, January 5, 2009

Chapter 17: Absolutely Adorable...

I had went back to the doctor, and luckily the swelling had went down enough in my knee that we could finally schedule my surgery. It would be in 2 days. The only downside was that I wouldn't be able to go on the next road trip, but I was just ready to get it over with. Thanksgiving was right around the corner, and that meant one thing. The Pens would have their annual bundle up shopping spree. All the members of the Pittsburgh Staff were asking to attend the lunch before their shopping extravaganza. It was scheduled for today and I couldn't wait to see how the guys would be around little kids.


After taking a shower and getting ready, I made my way down to the kitchen where Marc was sitting at the bar eating a bowl of cereal. I grabbed a bowl and joined him.


"Excited about today?" I asked while plopping down in the seat next to him.



"Surprisingly yes, I love being able to help little kids, even if it's not much," he replied while filling his mouth full of food.



"It means more to them than you would think, believe me. I've been there before. Getting a little bit of attention from anybody was always thrilling," I said.



It was then that Geno, Sid, and Max burst through the front door, obviously just getting back from a morning run.



"I hate running with you!" Max shouted toward Sid.



A smile crept on his face before he replied. "Whys that?"



"Because you are the only freak I know who actually enjoys it," he chuckled while making his way to the couch.



I finished eating my breakfast and then put my bowl in the sink. I couldn't help but laugh at the guys, as they were in the middle of one of their epic guitar hero battles. It was then that Marc got my attention.



"He really cares about you, you know," he stated while pointing toward Geno.



"I know," I replied with a smile before heading back up to my room to watch TV.


I must have dozed off, because the next then I knew I was looking into a pair of breath-taking brown eyes.


"If we don't leave now, we are gonna be late," he said while dragging me out of my bed.


I got up against my will and grabbed my coat and cell phone before heading out the door.


Geno's POV



I know I was suppose to be paying attention to the 6 year old boy named Ryan I was paired with, and as much as I tried to give him my full undivided attention, I couldn't stop watching her. She looked amazing, as usual. It was then that a felt somebody pulling at the sleeve of my hoodie.



"Is that your girlfriend," Ryan asked with inquisitive eyes while point toward her.



"What would make you think that?" I replied while trying to stop the smile from crossing my face.



"You keep staring at her..." He pointed out.



I couldn't hold the smile back anymore. And at this point she was looking across the table at us, I'm sure wondering what we could possibly be talking about and probably questioning why he was still pointing at her.



"I can't get anything past you now can I?" I replied while tousling his hair. "Yeah, that's my girlfriend."



"I knew it!" he gasped with so much excitement I couldn't help but think he was cute. He sat there for about 15 seconds before he went on.



"She's pretty," he said while standing up and moving over toward the door.



"Yeah she is, isn't she," I stated while looking across the table and smiling at her before getting up to follow him. It was completely adorable how she was just as inquisitive as the 6 year old sitting next to me.



"Do you think she would want to go shopping with us?" he asked quietly.



"I'm sure she would love that, why don't you go ask her?"



Ty's POV



The first time they looked at me smiling I couldn't help but think how adorable he was around kids. 'Good to know...' I thought to myself. But the second time they looked over at me with the same devilish grins, I started to become a little worried. I didn't have time to ask what was going on though, because the little boy had gotten up and left the table with Geno hot in pursuit of him. Moments later the little boy approached me.

"Hi I'm Ryan," he stated confidently.

"Well hello Ryan," I replied while bending over to get at his level, "I'm Ty."

"Wanna go shopping with me and my friend?" he asked while pointing over to Geno.

I could only smile at how precious and adorable this little boy was. "I would love that."

I just sat back and watched while he interacted with the young boy. He was having such a great time. Ryan seemed to be enjoying himself a well. I could only smile as my eyes met with the same chocolate brown ones they had earlier today.

1 comment: