Geno's POV
I had been in a foul mood ever since I had taken a crash into the boards. I knew right after I hit, that I would be lucky to miss only a couple games. I couldn't help but think that my negativity would effect the team. But then again, I was to mad at myself to even consider the rest of the guys at this point. I knew it was my fault, knew that I shouldn't have attempted to shoot the puck at that angle... And that's when I heard Mario enter the room, and was snapped out of my day dream.
"Hey guys, this is Ty," Mario bellowed on his way through the locker room. I had noticed her the first instant she walked through the door. But seriously, how could you not. She was absolutely a vision to say the least. Her wavy brown hair was just pinned out of her face enough for me to catch every detail. She obviously had to be an athlete of some kind. I could tell that automatically by the build of her body, not completely buff, but definitely tone. But even through all of that, she was still curvy in all of the right places. And she was tall... her legs went on forever. And that's when I noticed she glanced up at me. I was mesmerized to say the least by her eyes.. so green, so absolutely beautiful. Trying to ease her tension, I decided I had to say something to her. It was then that I realized I was smiling...WTF? "Nice to meet you..." Oh wow, how original I thought to myself. She replied with a simple smile of her own and a genuine wave.
It didn't take long for Mad Max to pick up on her beauty either, as I could already see him one step behind her. And pretty soon, I saw the whole group of guys head over near her and make themselves comfortable around the TV. I could tell she was a little uneasy about all of this, could sense that she didn't exactly like the idea of being in a room full of people she didn't know. And with that, I grabbed my crutches and made my way toward the rest of the group. Of course Mad Max was on top of his game, automatically asking why she was here and what not. I couldn't see her being an athletic trainer, she would literally drive all the single guys on the team insane, knowing they couldn't have her. And for the second time in a matter of minutes, I was pulled out of my day dream when the video started.
I made my way to the couch sitting conveniently opposite from the one she was on. And that's when I noticed she was about to cry. I watched as she tried to be strong, and hold her emotions in check. When the video was over, she looked down and didn't make eye contact with anybody. When Mario started talking, I saw the first tear roll down her face. When she continued to say that that man was her father, and he was no longer here, then a stream of tears started to pour. With that all the guys left. I was making an attempt to do the same, but with being on crutches and all I was always a few steps behind the guys. But that's when I heard her say those simple last words. "He was all I had..." followed by her putting her head in her hands. I had to do something, felt like I needed to help her, which kind of worried me because I had just met this woman, but I knew that my words weren't going to be adequate for the memories that seemed to be plaguing her thoughts, that those idioms like "I'm sorry" or "Everything will be alright" weren't going to soothe her, or be any kind of consulate for what I'm sure she'd been through. So instead, I walked, or limped I should say, over to her and simply put my hand on her shoulder. She seemed startled at first, but when she glanced up at me, I could see the silent "thank yous" running through her tear burdened eyes. And with that, I left her alone to her thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment