Alrighty, anyways.. here's the next update everyone. I'm sorry it's a short one, but I got caught in between chapters so it's kind of just like a buffer. Oh, and if you are interested in reading Tangled Up In You, the first chapter is up. You can find the link in the side bar. -----> In the new story, Ty and Geno will still be together, so I guess you could think of it as the same story, just from a different point of view. I plan on making it different though, just to change things up. For example, Ty and Geno's relationship is more serious and Kris an Kailyn will have more of a fun type relationship. Also, the characters will have the same personalities displayed in this one, just because I've already made them out to be that type of person.
mariabprice - I've never flat out had a request like that. lol For you, I would love nothing more than to write a Max story. But, there would be a downside. Each story would probably be updated less often, simply bcuz I would be keeping track of 3. If you're still interested, I'll sure see what I can do. :-) I'm still not even that sure how I'll be able to manage 2 stories though, so I will have to see how this all goes down first.
Ty's POV
I was 99% certain I was dreaming. My first indication of this was the fact that I appeared to be in some sort of resort, clearly not in Montreal of the All-Star game. Secondly, I could make out my dad's figure leaning against the railing outside on the patio. He had been gone for a little over 6 years, which was also good evidence pointing toward my dream theory. I glanced around the room looking for Geno, because if this was really a dream he would definitely be a part of it.
After looking unsuccessfully, I crawl out of bed and head outside toward my dad. I figured he could have heard me, but he just keeps looking out at the ocean, not noticing me in the least. I walk up to him, and tap him on the shoulder, loving the way I can actually feel he is real while a smile crosses my face. He turns around, but it's not at all who I thought it was. I shriek in horror when I see the devilish face of the janitor instead of the joyous face of my father.
I jolt awake, quickly sitting up and glancing around the room to make sure that I am indeed in the hotel I fell asleep in. After being satisfied with what I saw, I check to make sure Geno is next to me and am also relieved when I see that he is indeed there, looking up with a questioning gaze at me.
"Are you okay?" He asks, sitting up and glancing at the clock before turning his attention back to me.
"Ugh, yeah," I answer not half as assuredly as I was hoping to.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, really, I'm okay. Just a bad dream," I answer as calmly as possible.
Geno's POV
I move my arm out, her automatically curling up next to me like I knew she would. She's obviously trying to down play how upset she actually is, but I can feel how tense her body is. I don't know what it is, but ever since we went to the arena she's been clinging to me, almost like she's afraid of something. I've asked her numerous times, only to have her use the word 'fine' or 'okay' to describe it. I can feel my eyelids get heaving, finally giving into the pull of sleep.
The next morning, I wake up to my phone ringing. I grab it quickly, not wanting it to wake up Ty, but as I look over at her I see her looking back at me with tired eyes. I look at the caller ID and after seeing it's Jordan I pick up. I watch her shuffle into the bathroom, extremely worried about her. I talk briefly to Jordan, hanging up just in time to see her walking toward me again. She sits down on the bed, and I just watch her, looking for any sign of what's wrong with her.
"Who was that?" she asks while crawling back in bed.
"Jordan. The guys want to eat breakfast."
"Here at the hotel?"
"Yeah. When have you ever seen them pass up a free meal," I chuckle, still watching her every move.
"This is true," she laughs. "Well, come on let's go," she finished while starting to get up.
"Ty wait a minute," I say while grabbing her arm, making her stay put. "We need to talk."
"I'm not liking the sound of that..." she says, the smile that was once on her face disappearing.
"It's nothing bad. It's just that I need to know what's bothering you. Truthfully, I'm worried about you, but I can't help until I know." She averts her eyes from mine, but she's not putting any distance between us, so I can only assume it has nothing to do with me while I sit and wait. She pulls her hands from mine before placing her head in her hands and sighing.
"I honestly don't know what's wrong. I don't know if I'm just paranoid, or what. It's just that that janitor the other day really creeped me out, and I can't figure out why. I mean I feel like I know him, and I've thought and thought about it but I just keep coming up empty. I have no idea who he is, but yet I can't get him out of my mind," she answers, looking up at me again. I can finally see just how tired she is. I can also see that she definitely feels threatened by this stupid janitor.
"Is that what caused the nightmare?" She shakes her head yes, making me feel slightly angry. I feel like I need to protect her, but I don't know what from so I don't have any idea how to do that so I just pull her to me and hold her protectively against my chest, running my fingers through her hair. She sighs again before kissing me lightly and pulling me out of the bed.
"Come on, I'm sure the guys are waiting and personally, I can't wait to meet all those Staal brothers" she offers with a small smile before throwing on a pair of sweats, a tank top, and a zip up hoodie and reaching for her glasses and meeting me at the door.
awesome update! can't wait for more!
ReplyDeleteI could tell that you knew what you were talking about with that dog wake up call and I can totally relate. Echo is 55 pounds and Fleury is 47 and they both sleep with me in the bed. But the "bed dip" was a big thing when we had my 130 pound newf, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Sounds like you've got some great dogs, I've worked with a lot of Great Danes (I'm a dog walker in the summer) and I've never met one I didn't like.
ReplyDeleteBut anyways... I really liked how Geno felt as though he should protect her. And what better to take her mind off that janitor(which I'm still really curious about by the way) than the Staal brothers! :)