Okay, I know it's a short update, but I'm on my way to the city for my knee surgery :-S and needed something to keep my mind off of it, so I figured why not get caught up in some Geno... :-) Anyways, I promise more to come soon..
Ty's POV
As I slowly start to wake up, I blink into the light pouring through the windows and curse that I never closed the shutters last night. As I'm attempting to squirm out of his grasps to go close them, the light catches my ring, throwing reflections onto the walls, making all the memories of what happened last night reappear in my mind, causing me to stop. I sigh, realizing how truly happy I am before I look down at his still sleeping form, giving myself some time to marvel at how innocent and sweet he looks while he sleeps. A smile crosses my face before I lightly kiss him on the forehead before proceeding to shut the blinds, knowing he will need his rest for the game today.
Once up, I go to my closet and dress for the chilly February weather before making my way down the steps and out the back door. After I get outside, I make my way to the back edge of the backyard where the brick wall starts and climb up on top of it, pulling my knees up to my chin and gazing out at the dimly lit town of Pittsburgh and think just how much my life had changed.
I can't believe how calm I feel, how totally unruffled by the fact that I had professed my love to somebody by the promise of marriage. Anytime I was even around him, I felt this certain amount of security, like I was something precious to him. The way he looked at me, like he couldn't believe his luck, like I'd done something amazing and wonderful, like just being with him was a gift, made me feel like a better person, made me want to be the person I saw reflected in his eyes. The way he looked…not at me, but the way he saw me, when we made love…and yes, now I knew the difference. Trust, honesty, connection, all things I had never felt with anybody but him. I could look into his eyes when we made love, and I knew that he was trusting in me with his heart as much as I was placing my trust in him.
I don't know how much time had passed, but the sun was only a glimmer of light on the horizon when I felt his arms slide around me, pulling me back against the width of his chest.
"For a moment there when I woke up to an empty bed, I thought for sure you had fled the country," he whispers in my ear while his fingers lace through mine.
"Flight leaves at 8," I answer before looking at my watch, seeing its a little after 7 and attempting to stand up.
"What am I going to do with you," he laughs before he has me securely within his grasp once again, firmly pressed against his chest and suddenly all I can think about is him. All I can think of is the way his muscles moved under and over mine, the way his body felt joined with mine, the way his arms feel when they hold me, and the way his dimples deepen when he smiles. "Ty," he says while shaking me softly, finally pulling me out of my daze. "What are you thinking about?" he continues, a small smile crossing his face.
"You," I answer simply, mostly because my brain feels like it's full of pop rocks and I can't make the fizzing stop long enough to form a full coherent sentence.
"Well, I guess I can let your lack of attention go this once, since you have such a good reason," he replies sarcastically, causing me to shove him slightly, only to receive the famous 'What?' face in return before he continues. "Come on, let's go inside, it's freezing cold out here." For the first time, I actually realize how cold it is, jumping down off the ledge and quickly following him inside.
Geno's POV
I wake up, intending to find her in the same spot she was last night, curled up in my arms, but I find nothing but the coolness of the sheets from the lack of her warm body being there. Still a little disoriented, I open my eyes to see if what I was feeling was right, only to be assured that my ideas were right, and she is indeed gone. Slightly confused as to why I'm waking up alone, I sit up and listen, thinking she might be in the shower or in her room. Nothing. Moving from being confused to worried, I get out of bed and go to her room. I glance around the room, but find nothing. As I'm on my way out of her room though, I catch a glimpse out her window that faces the backyard and see the outline of somebody sitting outside. I do a double take, and am completely relieved when I see its her, all bundled up in winter clothing, trying to enjoy a peaceful morning. I smile to myself before going back and pulling on my coat and making my way outside as well.
After I get to her, she smiles up at me so I sit and join her, eventually cracking a joke about how I had considered the thought that she had deserted me. We talk a little while longer before I convince her to go back inside, because technically it's effing cold outside.
Once inside, we run into the guys and talk for a little bit. After eating she heads upstairs to change to go to her physical therapy for her knee. It isn't until shes left the house that I get bombarded with questions. I'm still looking at the door she just exited when I feel something hit me upside the head, bringing me out of my daze. I turn to see who the culprit is and when I do, I all of the guys staring at me with inquisitive looks. Except for Kris, no he just looks surprised.
"What?" I ask, wondering why they are all just standing there looking at me like that.
"Is it just me, or did it appear as if somebody had a very heavy hand this morning?" Max joked. Now I understood...
"Oh," I replied, not being able to stop a smirk from crossing my face. "I guess you could say that," I finished before taking a drink of my hot chocolate. That's when all the chaos started while I got a round of congratulations from the guys.
Ty's POV
After a dreadfully long therapy session, I drag my way to the rink for the guys game. They are the only team out on the ice, so I just sit back and watch. I love watching Geno when he is on the ice. He looks so uninhabited, so happy. I can see the battles on the ice that he's fought, how much he enjoys the speed, gliding across the ice as if he's flying, how close he's come to fulfilling his dreams. I can taste the disappointment and the fear he has of never reaching his dreams, but I can feel his desire to try and never let those bad things happen.
I'm brought out of my daze when Mario approaches me and sits next to me. I see him take in the new addition of hardware on my hand, and then it appears as if he is struggling with something. That can never be a good sign...
"Hello Ty," he greets after I see confrontations forming in his head. "How was therapy?"
"Nagging," I answer honestly, giving him a small smile and a shrug of my shoulders. "One more week, then they tell me I can run and such again."
"Yeah, I bet you can't wait. You've been out of your element for quite a while now," he answers before once again looking at my ring.
"I have a feeling you didn't come down here to talk about my knee.. did you," I accuse because at this point, I don't know how many more big surprises I can take.
"No, not exactly," he answers, but he still seems hesitant.
"Just tell me, and don't sugar coat it. What's bothering you?" He sighs before answering, telling me I probably won't like the outcome of this conversation.
"Well, I can't help but pick up on the fact that this is terrible timing," he answers before pointing to my ring. "Congratulations about that, by the way," he adds with that fatherly smile.
"And..?" I probe, needing to know what he is talking about.
"Well, I guess you could say I have a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. I've just been told that you have been given the chance to shadow some athletic trainers and other doctors for a while. Its a very advanced placement type thing, but I really think you need to look into it."
"Okay, but what's so bad about that?" I ask, not knowing if I should be pleased just yet or not.
"Well, I guess the location wouldn't be ideal for you now, but its just such a great opportunity, you would finish your classes so much earlier--"
"Where?" I interrupt him, finally realizing that I probably won't like his answer. He sighs before answering once again.
"London," he answers simply before placing his hand on my shoulder, squeezing lightly and walking away.
OMG! That IS terrible timing, I hoping she stays! Or that her and Geno can work it out! Update soon, and I hope your surgery turns out well, knee one's can be a bit rough. Good LucK!
ReplyDeleteahh no london?!?!
ReplyDeletei hope she can make it work with geno <3
&& good luck with your knee surgery!!
:O Wasn't expecting that!
ReplyDeleteI'm very curious as to what's going to happen, the opportunity of a life time, but then the love of a life time. Decisions, Decisions. Personally, I'd go for love ;)
Hope everything goes well with your surgery, good luck!
oh my gosh! she can't go!! please update soon!!!!!
ReplyDelete