Losing to Detroit has left me unable to sleep, so the idea is to get a post up on each story. We'll see how it goes. :-)
Ty's POV
I sigh while playing absentmindedly with the bubbles in the water in front of me, leaning back into the broad expanse of his chest as his arms hold me within them. I know he can tell that I'm upset, but I must admit that I've been able to deal with it a lot better since he's been home because I don't feel as lonely or have as much time to think about it.
"Have you ever realized that the only time you take a bath with me is when you have messed up royally, you feel guilty about something, or you feel sorry for me?" I ask while tilting my head back a little so I can see his face for his response.
"Yes, I know," he sighs. "But this," he starts while picking up a handful of bubbles and throwing them against the vacant end of the bathtub, "isn't exactly what I call relaxing."
"Oh, come on, it isn't that bad," I say in mock hurt, but he just narrows his eyes at me as if what I just said was completely ridiculous. I turn back around and lean back into him again. "And plus, you get to spend time with me. Naked. What guy wouldn't want that with his fiance?"
"Believe me, that's the only reason I'm in here now," he says while bending down and nipping at my shoulder, making me squeal in surprise.
"Yes, because you've been gone, and you miss me, right?" I ask while wiggling my butt back against him, feeling his whole body go tense in response even though I continue.
"Ty," he says in a warning tone that is meant to be stern, but I can hear the weakness in it, but I also know where he is coming from, so I stop. He takes a couple seconds to compose himself before continuing. "Somebody sure is feeling better, huh?" he asks while pushing me forward a little bit and moving his hands to my shoulders where he starts to massage them gently. I can only nod in response as his hands work out the stiffness that had presided in my shoulders. I'm practically purring as his big hands keep working. I lean my head back, suppressing a small moan and making it impossible for him to continue.
"It's hard for me to massage your shoulders if you are leaning against me," he chuckles while pushing me gently away from the heat of is body. I spin around, catching him off guard.
"Why don't we continue this in the bedroom, the water is getting cold," I say while standing up and stepping out of the bathtub. He follows my lead, before grabbing a towel and handing it to me and then reaching for one himself. He then heads into the bedroom, reaching in our dresser for a t-shirt of his, which he tosses to me and then shorts for himself. After we both slide into them, he grabs a pair of underwear and tosses them to me as well before going and crawling on the bed. I slip into them before he pats the bed for me to lay down, and I do so without protest. After all, it's not everyday that I get offered massages.
Geno's POV
She sits there quietly, allowing me to massage her shoulders with no input, which is rare for her. It seems as if she normally always has something to talk about or discuss, but tonight she's silent, and I know why, because I've been the same way here recently.
After about 10 minutes, she sits up and pushes me, forcing me to lay down which makes me laugh before she curls up next to me. She draws lazy circles on my bare chest, which is her give away or 'tell' if you will. She always does that when she wants to talk about something but doesn't know how to say whatever she's thinking in her mind.
"Wanna tell me what's on your mind?" I ask while taking her hand in mine and kissing each of her knuckles before just holding her hand in my grasp. She simply shrugs her shoulders, but I can hear her sniffle and I can feel the wetness of her tears and they slide onto my chest. "Ty?"
She looks up at me and sighs in exasperation, which means she is about to give in and tell me what is bothering her.
"I really wanted a baby," she whispers while snuggling her face into my chest.
"I know," I soothe while stroking her hair. "I did too."
"You did?" she asks in surprise while whipping her head back up to mine.
"Yes," I laugh while tucking her hair behind her ear. "I told you that."
"I know you did, but I thought you were just trying to be supportive. I didn't know it was something you actually wanted. I figured you probably thought I set you up or planned--"
I press my hand over her lips gently, silencing her from rambling any longer and press my lips to her forehead to calm her down.
"You're rambling again..." I point out while smiling down at her.
"Sorry," she mumbles from behind my hand while shrugging her shoulders, which makes me laugh. I remove my hand, and she thankfully lays her head back down on my chest.
Ty's POV
We sit in silence for a while after talking about things, things I'm glad to get off my chest. I'm almost asleep when he speaks up.
"We could try," he says simply, causing me to raise my head and look at him to try to piece together whatever he's trying to tell me. "To have a baby," he adds when he realizes I have no idea what he's talking about.
"I know now isn't the right time," I sigh before kissing him on the forehead. "My mind knows that, I'm just having a hard time making my heart realize it too," I say before starting to lay down again, but he stops me.
"Ty, there is never going to be a perfect time for something like this."
"I know," I answer, "but you're so focused right now on hockey, it's okay, really. We can wait until after the Cup."
"Yeah, but I don't want to wait," he says while linking my fingers with his. "I want to have a family with you. Today, tomorrow, 5 years from now, it doesn't change what I want."
"Really?" I ask hoping he isn't just doing this for my benefit.
"Yes, really," he sighs, but he doesn't have time to pout or get upset that I don't believe him, bcuz I press my lips to his roughly, drawing a laugh from deep within his chest.
yeah. so i know exactly how you feel.
ReplyDeletei'm sitting here 4:01 am while everyone eles sleeps just because i can't fall asleep because my boys lost.
haha. good chapter (:
i would love to see and geno have a baby together (: (:
I'm so happy that they are on the same page!
ReplyDeleteaw such a cute update!!! can't wait for more!
ReplyDeleteThis was very sweet. I love how nurturing he is - I feel like he'd be like that in real life :)
ReplyDeleteawwwww... baby!! YAY! A Geno baby! hahaha So sweet! Keep it up. :D
ReplyDeleteim am SOOOO down for a baby to happen to this story right now
ReplyDeleteUPDATEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1