Short update to get everything in the shape I want it to be before things take off and I start writing again. After getting out of the hospital, Ty took an internship in Vancouver and left town.
9 months later
Geno's POV
The only way I could describe my current state of mind was completely frustrated. I had been getting the shit beat out of me all game. What went from a good hit, albeit a hit I went out of my way for, turned into disaster when I got hit from behind, pinning my leg at an awkward angle. After hobbling my way off the ice and down towards the locker room I'm taking off everything I can find just to hurl it across the room while shouting obscenities. I've thrown my stick, gloves, and helmet before I reach for my jersey and shoulder pads and rip it off before almost barreling down the training room door.
"Fuck!" I yell while slamming the door open and throwing my pads into the wall before reaching for the closest folding chair and chunking it in the same direction. She jumps out of her chair in response to my temper tantrum, and that's when I notice someone in the room for the first time. It's not until my eyes meet with her emerald ones that I realize who it is and my rage fades into a much different type of emotion, the pain in my leg fades only leaving the pain that has resided in my chest ever since I heard she had left town.
Ty...
Her eyes are wide with fear, and I understand why. I look like an absolute mad man, and I know it. She opens her mouth to talk, but then we hear Kyle walking toward the training room, obviously coming to assess my injuries. He see's Ty and goes and embraces her, welcoming her back before turning toward me, motioning for me to get up on the exam table, which is actually quite the effort since my ankle is screaming at me.
'She's back?' I think to myself.
"Geno, what the fuck has gotten into you?" Kyle asks while shaking his head and beginning to unlace the skate on my left foot. "Fighting in the first, unnecessary hits in the third? Do you even realize it's March? We can't have you doing this type of shit," he continues while ripping the skate off my foot, making me cringe but not totally bringing my focus to where it needs to be. I can't take my eyes off of her.
"I know," I respond quietly, not breaking my eye contact with her for a second. "I know I've screwed up a lot of things," I continue, hoping she catches my drift.
You're back!! All your stories are great but this is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh! You're back!!! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteYES YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletewow i haven't checked this in a while because everytime i did i was sad that there was nothing new. and then today i am going through my favorites to clean it out a little and there was something new. i was so excited and hope that you are really back and will keep going because i love this story soooooooo much . pleae update again ASAP
ReplyDeleteYeah! I by chance checked to see if there had been an update!
ReplyDeleteI hope Geno finally realizes they are meant to be mad man or no mad man. Life is too short!
~pl~
please update this again really soon. Don't make us wait that long again please, it kills because i love this story and i really hope Geno pulls his head out of his ass and realized that the crazy guy already knows where she is now and that she is actually safer with him aroung
ReplyDelete