Geno's POV
I force myself to put one foot in front of the other until I get to the elevator. Luckily, nobody is inside to watch my mini-break down. I lean back against the elevator wall, my head slightly tipped back, my arms completely slack by my side, and I just sit there. I don't press a single button to make the elevator move, I don't pace. The only movement in the small area is the steady rise and fall of my chest, the movement that indicates that my heart is actually still ceasing to beat. Otherwise, I would have been totally convinced that it was obliterated into a thousand pieces.
I continue to stand there, completely motionless, but it's as if my mind is doing enough movement to compensate for my lifeless limbs. The second a memory of Ty finally escapes my every thought, another one comes rushing in, taking its place and making me remain motionless, almost as if making this elevator move is the final straw, the last bit of closure, ensuring that I actually went through with it, and I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.
But then, the memory of Ty lying in that hospital bed, bruised and battered and crying because of me comes into my thoughts, and then my emotions change, and I get angry at myself for all of this. She was at the arena because of me, she was found because of me, and now she's hurt by yet another person; because of me.
I let the first tears fall from my eyes; the ones that took everything to hold in while in front of her, trying to put up a tough front, watching her eyes change from shocked, to panicked, and then to hurt all while telling myself to suck it up. I knew deep down that this would be the hardest part, that after this everything would be smooth sailing, but now I know that that was the most idiotic thing I could have ever convinced myself of. Sure, that was hard as hell, but living every day without her couldn't be better, and it probably wouldn't get any better as time went on either.
A year ago, I would have never imagined it possible to hurt this bad because of another person; at least not at the thought of waking up without them in the morning. Waking up alone is the ideal situation for the classic party boy; it means not having to deal with the person lying next to you, an awkward phase completely avoided because they were just interested in sex just like you were. And before Ty, you probably couldn't have convinced me that sex was any different with a random chick than someone you loved. I probably would have told you that sex was sex, no matter who you were with.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
I never thought I would ever get in this deep, to the point where I actually, sincerely care about what someone else is feeling or wanting. At least not on this level. I would move mountains for Ty if only it was under my power. All of this is what lead me to this conclusion of leaving her; because I had to do what was possible and what was under my power. And yeah, it hurt me to see her sad eyes pointed in my direction, but things have to get better for her. She will forget I even exist eventually.
All this thinking has my head spinning, making me ball my hands into fists in frustration before pounding them against the steel elevator walls, using them as leverage as I push off of them, the pacing finally beginning. I punch the button for the elevator to move, needing to get out of this place before I go running back to her side.
The elevator door opens, and when it does I don't expect to see what I do. Max and Kris are both standing there, looking at me intently. They look from my hands that are still balled into fists by my side and then up to the way I know my jaw is clenched and then realization sinks in for both of them as I see both of them sigh and their shoulders drop, almost in unison.
I walk past them, noticing Kris whipping out his cell phone before they both rush toward the elevator, no doubt going to Ty's aid.
Ugh!! I'm so glad you updated this one Jessie! I love it.
ReplyDeleteI'm honestly so sad for Geno and I can see where he's coming from, but I wish Max and Kris had of just grabbed him and took him back upstairs lol.
You captured so much emotion in such a small update... really well done =D
I'm waiting anxiously for the next update... even if I'm scared of what's going to happen to Geno and Ty. (Is it wrong that I'm this sad about a relationship in a story? ... guess that just shows how realistic you made them!)
I'm with Zigh... Oh my goodness... It's 5am here and I'm sitting on my couch near tears over a story! Now what does that tell you about your writing? That you're FABULOUS!
ReplyDeletePerfect chapter dear.
Great update! So glad to see it! Poor Geno! I know he thinks he is doing the best for her but he is so wrong!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others. As much as I want to punch Geno in the balls for how stupid he's being, this wasn't easy for him, either. I just wish he'd listen to the guys and realize that breaking up with Ty wasn't the best thing to do for her. But can I say that I love that Kris and Max go to Ty's aid, even though Geno's obviously not dealing well with this? Soooo good, Jessie!
ReplyDeletesiiigghhh. So happy that you have updated this story because I've been dying to know what's going to happen. Good luck with your first couple of days of classes. Believe me, it feels overwhelming at first but then you get into a rhythm where you balance school and having a life and you'll be fine.
ReplyDeleteGreat chapter as always-though I do have the urge to punch him and straighten him out.
Love it!
First of all, I am so happy that you udpated this!
ReplyDeleteI feel so bad for poor Geno. What he's doing isnt easy even though he has the best intentions in mind for Ty. They're both just so tortured right now and I really hope that (sometime soon :p) they straighten things out.
Wonderful update!
Glad to see an update, hope college is turning out ok!
ReplyDeletePoor Geno, poor Ty... they need each other! It's heart-wrenching to think about having to go through something like this! I hope he starts coming around to the fact that he needs to be with her more than he needs to protect her!
Great update hun!
ugh thank god you updated :-) I was just driving home today thinking "I hope she updated the story"! LOL. It was worth the wait, IMO, but still I am confident that Geno will come to his senses! Good luck with classes!
ReplyDeleteGeno fucked up and I hope she doesn't forgive him so easily. Now, I have not let go of my idea of taping him to the wall(: It would fix so much haha. Anyway, Geno is an asshole and this needs to be fixed (just contradicted myself but I worked from 8-6 today so I'm to lazy to go fix it, sorry) so I can stop hating real-Geno. Because I'm sure real-Geno wouldn't do this (at least I hope) but Perfectly Good Heart-Geno is doing this and Lexi is mixing them up
ReplyDeletehaha amazing update(:
i'm going crazyyyy! update soon please!
ReplyDeleteupdateeeeeeeeeeeeee :( i understand about school though! i'm in my second year and it's miserable!
ReplyDelete